Pre Care Instructions:
• Sun exposure/tanning beds/sunless tanners must be avoided for 2 weeks prior to treatment.
• Avoid retinoids, alpha-hydroxy acids, and beta hydroxy acids for 1 week before treatment.
• Avoid antibiotics (oral and topical) and any photosensitive medications (check with your provider) for 2 weeks prior to treatment.
• Please shave any dark, coarse, or vellus (“peach fuzz”) hair in the treatment area 12 to 24 hours prior to your appointment.
• Waxing and/or use of chemical depilatories must be avoided for 1 to 2 weeks before the treatment.
Post Care Instructions:
• Use a mild cleanser on your face for 1 to 2 days post treatment.
• Apply a broad spectrum sunscreen of at least SPF 30 for several days after treatment.
• Avoid sun exposure/tanning beds/self-tanners for 1 week after treatment.
• Avoid retinoids, alpha-hydroxy acids, beta-hydroxy acids and benzoyl peroxide for 3 to 7 days after treatment.
• Waxing and/or use of chemical depilatories must be avoided for 1 to 2 weeks after treatment. Shaving is allowed 24-48 hours after treatment as long as there is no skin irritation.
• Avoid vigorous exercise and avoid sources of excess heat such as Jacuzzis, saunas, or steam baths if you are experiencing skin irritation.
What to Expect Post Treatment:
• Immediately after treatment, there may be mild redness/flushing and mild swelling in
the treatment areas which can last anywhere from several hours to a few days. If swelling
or redness lasts more than 3 days, please call our office.
• Your skin may feel dry for several days after treatment. This is normal after Laser Genesis
and will generally be alleviated with the use of extra moisturizer.